Fluffy Friends

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.....not as simple and happy as they appear!

Whew! What a day. Have you ever have those nights when you just can't sleep? I had one of those last night. Went to bed around 11:00 and was still awake at 1:30. Finally I went to sleep and was wide awake at 5:30. Made for a rough day. I have one of the greatest bosses in the world and she let me leave early today as I was feeling pretty crudy. Anywho...............after a tiny nap I felt much better and dived right into my favorite thing....BAKING!!!

I have a order for Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes, my first attempt at it. So if you've never made them and want to try it, I will help you learn from my mistakes.

1) Mix up your favorite cake batter. For those of you that like cake mixes.....I'm sorry. lol  Just kidding, some of them are really good, it's just that I'm a purest. If you're going to say you made it, then make it from the ground up is my theory...or at least as far high off the ground you can. Not saying go out and pick the sugar cane and grind the flour, but oh if I could do that, I would love too! Wait!!!!!!!! What am I saying? Who has time for that??? LOL

2) Prepare your pan. You can stick them in a muffin tin and use something to help hold them up, or you can do as I did and buy a throw away aluminum pan which I cut slots in that the cones would fit in and (in theory) holds them upright.  You can also use this same pan to store and deliver them in so they don't fall over onto each other! I will post pics of my crudely done pan, so you can see it tomorrow.

3) Now here is the very, very, important part of the equation. Do not fill them up too far. Resist, I say resist my your urge to fill them up to the point where the cone starts flaring out. Stop right below that. Believe me, stop below that or you might have smoking little puddles of cake batter in the bottom of your sparkling clean (lol) oven and just maybe, the fire alarm will start whaling. But I'm just saying that will might happen and then you might have to put that extra aluminum pan under the cones to catch what acts like a active lava flow :) 

4) Bake them for 20 min and pull those babies out of the oven. Now if you did as I said to do, and not like I did, they will come out looking pretty and neat. If you did like me...you had to use all the ice cream cones in the package to get 12 decent looking cupcakes :) and there are 24 in the pack. I'm a slow learner, I was determined it would hold more. See I'm telling you, learn from my mistakes and don't be a know it all like me! Cause I'm often wrong. Shhh....that's just between you and me, right?

5) Let those little bad girls cool and then frost with some yummy fluffy frosting with sprinkles!

I will post pics tomorrow night since I haven't frosted them yet ;)

Then the baking continued............no I didn't stop there. Well I did for about a hour while I went and mowed the yard and went to McDonalds. When I got back home, then I started in on sugar cookies. I believe I have around 68 total. Made apples, cupcakes, circles and flowers. Planning on frosting them up tomorrow night and Friday in preperation for a garage sale on Saturday. I'm not sure what I will sell but hey, it's fun and I can hand out some business cards.

So, for tonight, goodnight my Fluffy friends and I will chat with you tomorrow after the frosting frenzy :)

Fluffybutt is headed for a cat nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment